April 10, 2008
Adult Literacy Student Milestones
Congratulations to students and thank you to the tutors who guided them through the following milestones. We’re proud of your accomplishments!
- Larry opened up a bank account.
- Pearlie opened up her first e-mail account and e-mailed her daughter.
- Lucy helped her grandson with his homework.
- Linda wrote a letter to herself to quit smoking.
- Johnny investigated the 401K plan at work.
- Jeffrey reads closed captioning on TV to practice reading.
- Kathy has started reading books for fun.
- Sadeania reads poetry for fun.
- Roxie has increased her financial literacy – paying bills and making withdrawals/deposits to her bank account.
- Mahmood created a resume, set up an e-mail account, and applied for a new job with personnel agencies.
- Dale registered to vote and plans on voting in the coming elections.
- Otha read an e-mail for the first time.
- GJ began a new full time job and, in addition, opened his own business.
- Kiasha’s confidence in herself has increased so much.
- Emmett co-wrote letters to state representatives concerning his 6-year fight for disability benefits, and then began receiving his benefits 3 months later.
- Glendon has greatly increased his vocabulary and improved his spelling.